FREE Email Subscription
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": Cornell Men's Lacrosse Dominates #3 Ohio State 16-6 On May 18 To Advance To Final Four… 2 hours ago
- High School Lacrosse: St. Stephen's & St. Agnes Boys Lacrosse (VA) Goalie's Incredible "80-Yard" Scoring Shot In 8-5 VISAA Semifinal Win… 7 hours ago
- “2013 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships”: “Unseeded” Cornell Men’s Lacrosse “Thriving In Underdog Role”, Looking To Play Best Lacrosse Of… 7 hours ago
- "2013 MCLA Lacrosse National Championships": #2 Westminster Men's Lacrosse (CO) Faces #1 St. Thomas (MN) In Div II Finals On May 18… 1 day ago
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": #4 Denver Men's Lacrosse (13-4) Faces #5 North Carolina In Quarterfinals On May 19 In… 1 day ago
- "2013 MCLA Lacrosse National Championships": #1 Colorado State Men's Lacrosse Faces #2 Colorado In Finals On May 18; Rams Return To Finals… 1 day ago
- "2013 MCLA Lacrosse National Championships": Semifinals Feature #1 Colorado State Men's Lacrosse Defeating #4 BYU 9-7 And #2 Colorado… 1 day ago
- High School Lacrosse: Video Scoring Highlights Of National #1 Boys Latin Lacrosse (19-0) 13-8 Win Over #17 St. Paul's (15-5) On May 7… 1 day ago
- Lacrosse Injuries: Pennsylvania High School Girls Lacrosse Team Using New "Kevlar Composite Protective Headband" In Pilot Program To Help… 1 day ago
- "2013 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Championships": #2 Northwestern Women's Lacrosse (18-2) Hosts #7 Penn State (14-6) In Quarterfinals On May 18… 2 days ago
- “2013 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships”: Cornell Men’s Lacrosse Dominates #3 Ohio State 16-6 On May 18 To Advance To Final Four
- “2013 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships”: “Unseeded” Cornell Men’s Lacrosse “Thriving In Underdog Role”, Looking To Play Best Lacrosse Of The Season Against Ohio State On May 18 (Video)
- High School Lacrosse: St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes Boys Lacrosse (VA) Goalie’s Incredible “80-Yard Scoring Shot” In 8-5 VISAA Semifinal Win Over Woodberry Forest On May 17 (Video)
- “2013 MCLA Lacrosse National Championships”: #2 Westminster Men’s Lacrosse (CO) Faces #1 St. Thomas (MN) In Div II Finals On May 18
- “2013 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships”: #4 Denver Men’s Lacrosse (13-4) Faces #5 North Carolina In Quarterfinals On May 19 In Indianapolis
TagsBYU Cal Berkeley California Championships Club Teams Coaches College Recruits Colorado Colorado State Denver Division I Duke High School Boys High School Girls Johns Hopkins Lacrosse Magazine Major League Lacrosse Maryland MCLA Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association Men's Lacrosse Men's Lacrosse Programs Michigan MLL NCAA NLL Northern California Northwestern Notre Dame Ohio State Orange County Oregon Profiles Rankings Recruiting Schedules Southern California Stanford Syracuse US Lacrosse Victory Collegiate Consulting Videos Virginia Women's Lacrosse Women's Lacrosse Programs
- Should Helmets Be Introduced To Women’s Lacrosse? | Pretty Little Lions on High School Girls Lacrosse Injuries: Recent Head Injuries Fuel Calls For Women Lacrosse Players To Wear Headgear For Protection
- RK on NCAA Lacrosse: Video Highlights Of #3 Denver Men’s Lacrosse 13-12 Win Over #5 Loyola
- RK on NCAA Div II Lacrosse: Dominican Men’s Lacrosse (6-4) Come From Behind To Defeat Colorado Mesa 8-7 On April 7; Two-Game Lead In WILA Standings
- Bruce Dunfee on MCLA Lacrosse: #1 Colorado State Men’s Lacrosse Travels To #4 BYU In Big RMLC Conference Championship Game Rematch On April 5
- john mahoney on US Lacrosse Youth Rules: Boys Lacrosse “Substitutions” Are Either “Regular” Or “Special” (Video)
Tag Archives: Holy Cross
The 2013 Holy Cross men’s lacrosse season is underway. Check out a season preview of the team featuring interviews with head coach Jim Morrissey and senior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.).
Peter Schwartz and Alex White tallied five points apiece as the Crimson picked up its first win of the year over Holy Cross, 16-12.
NCAA Women’s Lacrosse: UMass Women’s Lacrosse Head Coach Angela McMahon Discusses Seasoning Opening 12-10 Overtime Win At Holy Cross (Video)
UMass women’s lacrosse head coach Angela McMahon discusses the Minutewomen’s 12-10 overtime win at Holy Cross in the 2011 season opener.
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Student-Athlete Profile: Holy Cross Men’s Lacrosse Sr. Brandon DeLisio Received “Vanhook-Vidulich Acedemic Research Award” As Top Chemistry Student
”My coach is really helpful, I’ve missed practices to do stuff for school and I have never been penalized,” DeLisio
explained. “He brings recruits over to the lab to show them the opportunities available for them at Holy Cross as students, and I think it’s great that he can turn to me for stuff like that to get them interested.”
Holy Cross senior lacrosse player Brandon DeLisio has never had difficulty understanding that there is a reason why “student” comes first in the label of student-athlete. With the support and influence of his parents, DeLisio earned National Honor Society recognition while juggling commitments to both varsity football and lacrosse at Kingston High School. “My parents kept me involved in a lot of things,” said DeLisio. “I was always in the middle of doing stuff while school was going on, it was just the standard.”
DeLisio has maintained that mindset throughout his years thus far at Holy Cross, which can account for three successful varsity seasons as a Crusader and recognition for his academic research through his recent honor with the Vanhook-Vidulich award.
With his priorities already in order and a newfound interest in the field of chemistry, DeLisio set off on the college search. “There were a lot of schools that I could have played lacrosse at, but had weak chemistry programs. Or other schools had very strong chemistry programs, but I wouldn’t have been able to play lacrosse.” DeLisio found the best of both worlds at Holy Cross, one of the nation’s top producers of chemistry graduates certified by the American Chemical Society. “That fact was actually the number one thing to get me here,” said DeLisio.
From the get go, DeLisio took complete advantage of any opportunity Holy Cross had to offer. “My interest in research actually began at my orientation,” he said with a laugh. “I asked a lot of questions.” It was at his orientation in the summer of 2007 that he found out that research opportunities at Holy Cross were offered to undergrads. Something that “huge” (as DeLisio considered it) is a rarity among other colleges and universities.