FREE Email Subscription
- Lacrosse Injuries: "Decompression Nerve Surgery" Is A New Treatment For Severe "Post-Concussion Headaches"; Minimally Invasive Procedure… 5 hours ago
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": Photos From Cornell Men's Lacrosse 16-6 Quarterfinals Win Over Ohio State On May 18… 5 hours ago
- NCAA Lacrosse: Harvard Men's Lacrosse Head Coach Chris Wojcik Discusses 2013 Season (Video) wp.me/pg5sH-95s 5 hours ago
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": #7 Duke Men's Lacrosse Rallies To Beat #2 Notre Dame 12-11 In Quarterfinals To Advance To Final… 23 hours ago
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": #4 Denver Men's Lacrosse Comes Back From Six-Down To Beat #5 North Carolina 12-11 To Advance To… 1 day ago
- Major League Lacrosse: Denver Outlaws (4-0) Win May 18 Home Opener 20-7 Over Rochester Rattlers wp.me/pg5sH-958 1 day ago
- "2013 MCLA Lacrosse National Championships": #1 Colorado State Men's Lacrosse (21-0) Captures Second Consecutive National Championship With… 1 day ago
- High School Lacrosse: Loyola-Blakefield Boys Lacrosse Stuns #1 Boys Latin 10-9 To Win 2013 MIAA-A Championship On May 17 (Video)… 1 day ago
- "2013 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Championships": #2 Northwestern Women's Lacrosse Pounds Penn State 15-7 On May 18 To Advance To Final Four… 1 day ago
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": #1 Syracuse Men's Lacrosse Rallies From Two Goals Down To Beat Yale 7-6 And Advance To Final Four… 1 day ago
- “2013 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships”: “Final Four” Semifinal Matches Feature #7 Duke Vs Cornell And #1 Syracuse Vs #4 Denver On May 25
- “2013 NCAA Women’s Lacrosse Championships”: ESPN Releases Television Schedule For Semifinals On May 24 And National Lacrosse Championship Game On May 26 At Villanova Stadium
- “2013 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships”: ESPN Releases Television Schedule For Semifinals On May 25 And National Championship Game On May 27 At Lincoln Financial Field In Philadelphia
- Lacrosse Injuries: “Decompression Nerve Surgery” Is A New Treatment For Severe “Post-Concussion Headaches”; Minimally Invasive Procedure Has Up To 95% Success Rate For Young Athletes
- “2013 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships”: Photos From Cornell Men’s Lacrosse 16-6 Quarterfinals Win Over Ohio State On May 18
TagsBYU Cal Berkeley California Championships Club Teams Coaches College Recruits Colorado Colorado State Denver Division I Duke High School Boys High School Girls Johns Hopkins Lacrosse Magazine Major League Lacrosse Maryland MCLA Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association Men's Lacrosse Men's Lacrosse Programs Michigan MLL NCAA NLL Northern California Northwestern Notre Dame Ohio State Orange County Oregon Profiles Rankings Recruiting Schedules Southern California Stanford Syracuse US Lacrosse Victory Collegiate Consulting Videos Virginia Women's Lacrosse Women's Lacrosse Programs
- Should Helmets Be Introduced To Women’s Lacrosse? | Pretty Little Lions on High School Girls Lacrosse Injuries: Recent Head Injuries Fuel Calls For Women Lacrosse Players To Wear Headgear For Protection
- RK on NCAA Lacrosse: Video Highlights Of #3 Denver Men’s Lacrosse 13-12 Win Over #5 Loyola
- RK on NCAA Div II Lacrosse: Dominican Men’s Lacrosse (6-4) Come From Behind To Defeat Colorado Mesa 8-7 On April 7; Two-Game Lead In WILA Standings
- Bruce Dunfee on MCLA Lacrosse: #1 Colorado State Men’s Lacrosse Travels To #4 BYU In Big RMLC Conference Championship Game Rematch On April 5
- john mahoney on US Lacrosse Youth Rules: Boys Lacrosse “Substitutions” Are Either “Regular” Or “Special” (Video)
Tag Archives: Denver Outlaws
Major League Lacrosse: Denver Outlaws (3-0) Get Off To Fast Start, Defeat Boston Cannons (0-3) 14-10 At Harvard Stadium On May 11 (Video)
Denver got off to a quick start thanks to eventual player of the game Drew Snider, who scored his first of five goals 13 seconds after the opening face-off. A goal by Terry Kimenr and another tally from Snider brought the score to 3-0 before the Cannons answered back with 2 of their own from Paul Rabil and Mike Stone. Zach Greer, in his first game with the Outlaws, scored on a power player and Justin Pennington followed up to bring the score to 5-2 after the first quarter.
The second quarter opened similarly to the first, with Snider and Terry Kimener scoring the first two goals. Former Outlaw Colin Briggs scored the next goal, off an assist from Boston captain Ryan Boyle, which earned him 400 career points, breaking the Major League Lacrosse Record previously held by Casey Powell. The Outlaws and Cannons traded several goals to close out the first half, including another goal by Greer and a goal after a face-off by Anthony Kelly. The Outlaws went into halftime leading 9-6.
The Cannons came out firing in the second half and eventually tied the score at 9-9. Greer quickly answered back with a goal for at hat trick. Greer got the next point of the game as well, with a slick behind the back goal to put the Outlaws up by 2. The Cannons ended the third quarter with a goal of their own to bring the score to 11-10.
The Denver Outlaws proved to be too much for the Charlotte Hounds as they closed a 21-16 decision Saturday night at Memorial Stadium. Player of the Game, Chris Bocklet, scored a game-high six goals. Midfielder Jeremy Sieverts contributed three goals, including one two-point goal, as well as an assist. The Outlaws face-off duo of Anthony Kelly and Stephen Robarge went 24-39 on the evening. Hounds attackman Matt Danowski led the way for Charlotte, scoring five goals, and adding two assists. The Outlaws will travel to Ohio to take on the Machine Saturday, May 4, at 8:00 PM. The Charlotte Hounds are headed to Rochester on Sunday, May 5, each team seeking their first win of the 2013 season.
Major League Lacrosse: Denver Outlaws Release 14-Game 2013 Schedule Featuring July 4 Celebration And Matchup With New York Lizards
|Saturday, April 27||5:00 PM MST||Outlaws||@||Hounds|
|Saturday, May 04||6:00 PM MST||Outlaws||@||Machine|
|Saturday, May 11||5:00 PM MST||Outlaws||@||Cannons|
|Saturday, May 18||7:00 PM MST||Rattlers||@||Outlaws|
|Friday, May 31||7:30 PM MST||Cannons||@||Outlaws|
|Saturday, June 08||6:00 PM MST||Nationals||@||Outlaws|
|Saturday, June 15||5:00 PM MST||Outlaws||@||Bayhawks|
|Saturday, June 22||7:00 PM MST||Machine||@||Outlaws|
|Saturday, June 29||7:00 PM MST||Hounds||@||Outlaws|
|Thursday, July 04||7:00 PM MST||Lizards||@||Outlaws|
|Saturday, July 20||5:00 PM MST||Outlaws||@||Rattlers|
|Saturday, July 27||12:00 PM MST||Bayhawks||@||Outlaws|
|Sunday, August 04||1:30 PM MST||Outlaws||@||Lizards|
|Saturday, August 10||5:00 PM MST||Outlaws||@||Nationals|
NCAA Lacrosse: Video Highlights Of Denver Men’s Lacrosse 11-10 Win Over Denver Outlaws In Fourth Annual Colorado Lacrosse Showcase
The University of Denver and the Denver Outlaws squared off in a scrimmage for bragging rights in Colorado. Lax.com was there with video coverage of this awesome game.
NCAA Lacrosse: Denver Men’s Lacrosse Defeats Denver Outlaws 11-10 In Fourth Annual Colorado Lacrosse Showcase
“We’re honored to have the Denver Outlaws come out and play for us,” said head coach Bill Tierney. “They come out each year and play hard and I think for our guys it’s a little bit of a shock to play against professional athletes. They put a lot of pressure on us and it was fun to see Mark and Alex back here at Peter Barton.”
Sophomore goaltender Ryan LaPlante (Fort Collins, Colo.) was able to hold off the high power Outlaws’ offense which included last year graduates and Pioneer standouts Mark Matthews and Alex Demopolous who own the number one and two spots in the University of Denver Division I record books for total points. LaPlante made 17 saves on the day including six in the first quarter.
Also scoring for the Pioneers was sophomore Wes Berg (Coquitlam, British Columbia), senior Chase Carraro (Louisville, Ky.), senior Taylor Young (Littleton, Colo.), sophomore Tyler Ekeroth (San Diego, Calif.), freshman Walt Rooney (Rockville, Conn.) and freshman Tom Moore (West Islip, N.Y.) with ones goals each.