FREE Email Subscription
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": Syracuse Men's Lacrosse Head Coach John Desko And Denver's Bill Tierney Are "The Two Winningest… 2 hours ago
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": #4 Denver Men's Lacrosse Faces #1 Syracuse In Semifinals On May 25 In Philadelphia; Second "Final… 3 hours ago
- High School Lacrosse: Cherry Creek Girls Lacrosse Captures 2013 Colorado State Lacrosse Championship With 20-10 Win Over Centaurus; Third… 4 hours ago
- NCAA Lacrosse: "A Weekend In The Life Of A Notre Dame Men's Lacrosse Player" (Video) wp.me/pg5sH-97C 4 hours ago
- NCAA Lacrosse: USILA Announces The "2013 Division I Men's Lacrosse All-America Teams" wp.me/pg5sH-97p 6 hours ago
- NCAA Lacrosse: Video Highlights Of Penn State Men's Lacrosse Program's "100th Season" wp.me/pg5sH-97j 6 hours ago
- “2013 NCAA Div III Men’s Lacrosse Tournament”: RIT Men’s Lacrosse Plays For National Championship For First Time In 46-Year History;… 6 hours ago
- Lacrosse In The World: "Lacrosse The Nations" Partners With Club Esperanza (Hope) Assisting Children In La Chureca, Nicaragua (Video)… 22 hours ago
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": ESPN Television Coverage Of Semifinals And Championship Game Will Feature Nine Field Cameras,… 1 day ago
- MCLA Lacrosse: Colorado State Men's Lacrosse Austin Fisher And St. John's Steve Johnson Named "2013 Godekeraw Award Players Of The Year"… 1 day ago
- NCAA Lacrosse: Denver Men’s Lacrosse Sr. Middie Cameron Flint Named First Team USILA All-American; Eric Law, Jeremy Nobles And Wesley Berg Named Honorable Mention All-Americans
- NCAA Lacrosse: Ohio State Men’s Lacrosse Sr. Attacker Logan Schuss Named To 2013 USILA All-American Second Team; Dominique Alexander, Jesse King And Joe Meurer Named To Honorable Mention All-American Teams
- “2013 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships”: Syracuse Men’s Lacrosse Head Coach John Desko And Denver’s Bill Tierney Are “The Two Winningest Active Coaches In Division I Lacrosse”
- “2013 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships”: #4 Denver Men’s Lacrosse Faces #1 Syracuse In Semifinals On May 25 In Philadelphia; Second “Final Four” Appearance In Three Years Under Bill Tierney
- High School Lacrosse: Cherry Creek Girls Lacrosse Captures 2013 Colorado State Lacrosse Championship With 20-10 Win Over Centaurus; Third Championship In Four Years, 10th All-Time And First Under New Coach Brianne Tierney
TagsBYU Cal Berkeley California Championships Club Teams Coaches College Recruits Colorado Colorado State Denver Division I Duke High School Boys High School Girls Johns Hopkins Lacrosse Magazine Major League Lacrosse Maryland MCLA Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association Men's Lacrosse Men's Lacrosse Programs Michigan MLL NCAA NLL Northern California Northwestern Notre Dame Ohio State Orange County Oregon Profiles Rankings Recruiting Schedules Southern California Stanford Syracuse US Lacrosse Victory Collegiate Consulting Videos Virginia Women's Lacrosse Women's Lacrosse Programs
- Should Helmets Be Introduced To Women’s Lacrosse? | Pretty Little Lions on High School Girls Lacrosse Injuries: Recent Head Injuries Fuel Calls For Women Lacrosse Players To Wear Headgear For Protection
- RK on NCAA Lacrosse: Video Highlights Of #3 Denver Men’s Lacrosse 13-12 Win Over #5 Loyola
- RK on NCAA Div II Lacrosse: Dominican Men’s Lacrosse (6-4) Come From Behind To Defeat Colorado Mesa 8-7 On April 7; Two-Game Lead In WILA Standings
- Bruce Dunfee on MCLA Lacrosse: #1 Colorado State Men’s Lacrosse Travels To #4 BYU In Big RMLC Conference Championship Game Rematch On April 5
- john mahoney on US Lacrosse Youth Rules: Boys Lacrosse “Substitutions” Are Either “Regular” Or “Special” (Video)
Category Archives: Instructional Videos
Lacrosse In The Community: US Lacrosse Foundation Launches “Empower Lives Through Lacrosse” Campaign To “Impact US Lacrosse Programs And Services In Greatest Need” (Video)
High School Lacrosse: DeMatha Catholic Boys Lacrosse (MD) Visits “Navy SEAL Special Warfare” For Day Of “Mental Toughness Training” (Video)
Lacrosse Skills And Techniques: IWLCA Releases Women’s Lacrosse Coaching Videos For Women’s Stick Skills, Draw Control And Eight Meter Defense
At the 2010 Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) Annual Meeting & Clinic, Brooke McKenzie, Assistant Coach Stanford University and Jamie Sellers, Head Coach Coastal Carolina University discusses Stick Skills.
At the 2010 Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) Annual Meeting & Clinic, Kathy Taylor, Head Lacrosse Coach SUNY Cortland discusses the Strategy of the Draw.
At the 2010 Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) Annual Meeting & Clinic, Tara Hohenshelt, former assistant coach, Penn State University, Eight Meter Defense discusses Eight Meter Defense.
Injuries In Lacrosse: Stanford Researchers Collecting Data From Football And Women’s Lacrosse To Understand “Mechanics” Of Head Injuries That Cause Concussions (Video)
The researchers have been focusing on football this fall but have been collecting data from field hockey and women’s lacrosse – sports where the athletes don’t wear helmets but do wear mouth guards.
Stanford researchers have turned the school’s football practices into a living laboratory in an effort to understand the mechanics of what happens to the head and neck when a head injury occurs.
The hope is that once researchers determine what forces cause a concussion, they can start improving sports equipment and rules to reduce injuries.
The data from this season also suggest that the standard lab tests used to simulate hits to the head are not always accurate representations of what occurs on the field. The tests do not re-create the rotational forces players experience well, researchers said, and experts think rotational movement plays an important role in causing a head injury.
For their research, scientists have placed sensors on the athletes’ helmets and have been filming them in action with high-definition, super-slow-motion cameras to monitor the speed the head is traveling before and after impact.
The players also wear special mouth guards with accelerometers and gyrometers embedded in them that gauge the linear and rotational acceleration of the head during a hit.
They plan to compare the data from contacts that lead to concussions with the non-concussive impacts to see what, if any, differences there are.
“We’ve got a really unique opportunity to get the data that matters the most – the human data,” said David Camarillo, an assistant professor of bioengineering.