FREE Email Subscription
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": #7 Duke Men's Lacrosse Rallies To Beat #2 Notre Dame 12-11 In Quarterfinals To Advance To Final… 3 hours ago
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": #4 Denver Men's Lacrosse Comes Back From Six-Down To Beat #5 North Carolina 12-11 To Advance To… 5 hours ago
- Major League Lacrosse: Denver Outlaws (4-0) Win May 18 Home Opener 20-7 Over Rochester Rattlers wp.me/pg5sH-958 7 hours ago
- "2013 MCLA Lacrosse National Championships": #1 Colorado State Men's Lacrosse (21-0) Captures Second Consecutive National Championship With… 7 hours ago
- High School Lacrosse: Loyola-Blakefield Boys Lacrosse Stuns #1 Boys Latin 10-9 To Win 2013 MIAA-A Championship On May 17 (Video)… 8 hours ago
- "2013 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Championships": #2 Northwestern Women's Lacrosse Pounds Penn State 15-7 On May 18 To Advance To Final Four… 8 hours ago
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": #1 Syracuse Men's Lacrosse Rallies From Two Goals Down To Beat Yale 7-6 And Advance To Final Four… 9 hours ago
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": ESPN Preview Of Quarterfinal Matchup Between #2 Notre Dame Men's Lacrosse And #7 Duke (Video)… 9 hours ago
- "2013 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships": Cornell Men's Lacrosse Dominates #3 Ohio State 16-6 On May 18 To Advance To Final Four… 1 day ago
- High School Lacrosse: St. Stephen's & St. Agnes Boys Lacrosse (VA) Goalie's Incredible "80-Yard" Scoring Shot In 8-5 VISAA Semifinal Win… 1 day ago
- “2013 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships”: #7 Duke Men’s Lacrosse Rallies To Beat #2 Notre Dame 12-11 In Quarterfinals To Advance To Final Four
- “2013 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships”: #4 Denver Men’s Lacrosse Comes Back From Six-Down To Beat #5 North Carolina 12-11 To Advance To Final Four; First Team In NCAA Quarterfinal History To Win After Trailing By Five Goals Or More
- Major League Lacrosse: Denver Outlaws (4-0) Win May 18 Home Opener 20-7 Over Rochester Rattlers
- “2013 MCLA Lacrosse National Championships”: #1 Colorado State Men’s Lacrosse (21-0) Captures Second Consecutive National Championship With 7-2 Win Over #2 Colorado (18-3) On May 18
- High School Lacrosse: Loyola-Blakefield Boys Lacrosse Stuns #1 Boys Latin 10-9 To Win 2013 MIAA-A Championship On May 17 (Video)
TagsBYU Cal Berkeley California Championships Club Teams Coaches College Recruits Colorado Colorado State Denver Division I Duke High School Boys High School Girls Johns Hopkins Lacrosse Magazine Major League Lacrosse Maryland MCLA Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association Men's Lacrosse Men's Lacrosse Programs Michigan MLL NCAA NLL Northern California Northwestern Notre Dame Ohio State Orange County Oregon Profiles Rankings Recruiting Schedules Southern California Stanford Syracuse US Lacrosse Victory Collegiate Consulting Videos Virginia Women's Lacrosse Women's Lacrosse Programs
- Should Helmets Be Introduced To Women’s Lacrosse? | Pretty Little Lions on High School Girls Lacrosse Injuries: Recent Head Injuries Fuel Calls For Women Lacrosse Players To Wear Headgear For Protection
- RK on NCAA Lacrosse: Video Highlights Of #3 Denver Men’s Lacrosse 13-12 Win Over #5 Loyola
- RK on NCAA Div II Lacrosse: Dominican Men’s Lacrosse (6-4) Come From Behind To Defeat Colorado Mesa 8-7 On April 7; Two-Game Lead In WILA Standings
- Bruce Dunfee on MCLA Lacrosse: #1 Colorado State Men’s Lacrosse Travels To #4 BYU In Big RMLC Conference Championship Game Rematch On April 5
- john mahoney on US Lacrosse Youth Rules: Boys Lacrosse “Substitutions” Are Either “Regular” Or “Special” (Video)
Daily Archives: July 17, 2008
MCLA D1 Championship: Michigan 14 v. Chapman 11
Played on May 17, 2008 in Irvine, Texas
(From InsideLacrosse.com news article)
Greg Angilly is a former coach at St. Ignatius College Prep in San Francisco and the head coach of the Northwest Regional team at this weekend’s adidas National Lacrosse Classic in Germantown, MD. He will be filing regular reports of the tournament action. For more information about the event, Click Here.
I’ve been extremely anxious to see the brackets for the first ever 16 team regional lacrosse tournament hosted in Maryland July 18-20th. As a New Jersey native, I recognize the hot beds – Baltimore / DC / Long Island / New Jersey – deserve top seeding and I recognize the organizers are going to set the event up so the best 8 teams advance to Sunday’s Elite 8 portion of the event.
In my 6 years of coaching in California I’ve seen the sport grow like a wild fire (perhaps a bad choice of words right now). Gone are the days of having great athletes learning lacrosse – we are now at the point of having some great lax players in this state (Will Yeatman, Parker Brown, Roy Lang, Alex Capretta, Thomas Mattimore, etc). When you add Washington and Oregon, where some high level lacrosse is being played, the Northwest certainly has the potential to become a hot bed.
I’m anxious to end my relatively brief coaching stint with a quality performance in this inaugural event. If nothing else, we collectively hope to show the hot bed area’s that the sport is being honored and played well west of the Mississippi.
Our team is young. Of our 21 boys, 17 of them are underclassmen, rising soph’s and jr’s, many who lack a ton of varsity experience. We should have our hands full but I expect us to play hard and compete in every game.
We are in a four team bracket with the Greensboro regional team along with Long Island and the Baltimore Private school region – SO – Carolina, Long Island and the MIAA. To say we’re excited is an understatement. Little nervous – heck yeah- who wouldn’t be with that schedule.
The rules – we don’t practice as teams until Friday the 17th – so no advantage for anyone. We have a two hour practice on Friday – we’ll be working as team for 90 minutes and then we’re going to scrimmage the Chicago regional team.
Saturday, each team plays the other three teams in their region. We start pool play at 4pm vs Greensboro and then play Long Island at six and Baltimore at eight under the lights. At least they spared the Bay Area boys the heat of a Maryland day – Advantage Nor-West!
Sunday – The top 2 in each bracket advance to quarters / semi’s and finals. The winner of the event will play internationally against Canada for the Brodgen Cup in Orlando, FL.
I suspect we will see a non hotbed team crash the Final Four on Sunday. In group A, I expect the Dallas team to give everyone a good battle. Look for So-Cal to surprise in group B and after my visit to Kent Denver and Ft. Collins this spring as coach of the St Ignatius Wildcats, I’d expect Denver to battle in Group C. That leaves Group D – we certainly have a tough road ahead of us, but don’t write the Nor-Cal and Washington kids off quite yet.
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
|Dallas||Baltimore Public||DC Private||Greensboro|
|DC Public||Columbus||Orlando||Baltimore Private|
Saturday August 9, 2008
The Los Angeles Riptide will be sponsoring a fundraising event for Cameron. The game is at Orange Coast College (OCC) in Costa Mesa. The Riptide will be hosting the San Francisco Dragons in what is sure to be an exciting game.
A special website has been set up so that tickets can be purchased in advance. For every $25 ticket purchased, AEG (the LA Riptide’s ownership group) will donate $10 to the Cameron Piorek Assistance Fund. Let’s get the word out to everyone and have a HUGE crowd to cheer on the Riptide as well as Cameron!
The website is:
The Cal Men’s Lacrosse team is seeking a head coach for the 2008-2009 season and beyond. The Cal Lacrosse team is a member of the
Along with being the team’s leader on and off the field, responsibilities include: coordinating with assistant coaches to develop and execute practice and game plans throughout the fall (6+ hours/week) and spring (~12 hours/week), representing the team to the league (WCLL) and assisting in developing and maintaining relations with the university and team alumni.
Other duties include recruiting, scheduling and fundraising. Previous collegiate playing and coaching experience is preferred. Contract: One-year with salary competitive within league.
To apply, submit a letter of application, resume, and three references online at